Thursday, June 30, 2005

Shall I?

Shall I live alone when I grow old
Sat in an armchair as I scowl in the cold
At a world changed beyond recognition
And yearn for days when I was bright and alert
And the pain in my heart did not hurt?

I’ll panic and moan as I sit on the throne
Picking at scabs of the cuts wishing I’d had the guts
To let the world love and not drone
On about the times I have known
That seem to have flown

Or will a new world bring purpose and zest
Not knowing what to choose for the best
As old bones rush through on a crest
Full of magical games to play?

I’ll have some of that if I may

There’ll be time for cooked breakfast every day
Not having to care what I weigh
Plenty of time to waste
Thinking of jobs not to my taste
No worry about being replaced

Reading books that will teach me to play
New games that lead grandchildren astray
We shall skip to the beach
Just as mum starts to preach
We’ll laugh as we scamper away

Time for childhood again
Perhaps I’ll jump on a plane
To lands faraway on a dream
There I’ll listen to voices
That tell me of choices

Copyright 2005 Trevor Lockwood

2 Comments:

At 1:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home